To regulate and encourage research activities, Institutional Research Committee (IRC) for Zoram Medical College is re-constituted with the following members :
- Dr. Jane R. Ralte, Registrar, ZMC – Chairman
- Prof. H. Manihar Singh, Dean – Co-chairman
- Prof. Haren Baruah, Sub-Dean
- Prof. Zoramthara Zadeng, Sub-Dean
- Dr. Vanremmawii, Assoc. Professor, Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dr. Vanlalhruaii, Assoc. Professor & Co-ordinator, Pharmacovigilance Committee
- Dr. Benjamin Lalrinpuia, Academic Officer
- HoD of concerned department
- Pi Lalrinchhani, Principal, Mizoram College of Nursing or her representative
- Statistician, Community Medicine Department
- Expert in the concerned speciality/field as invitee when required
- Dr. SA Ganesh, Assoc. Professor, Community Medicine – Member Secretary
email : email@example.com
The institutional Research Committee will be responsible for
- Developing research plans, information and mechanisms that benefit the research related activities and implementing those plans and mechanisms with direction from the institutional head and members.
- Dealing with robust and critical reviews of the submitted intramural project protocols and proposals keeping in mind the benefits of the outcomes and novelty of the research ideas.
- Suggesting modifications needed in terms of methodology, study design, feasibility and standardisation of the research protocols.
- It shall conduct periodic meeting for scrutinising and providing suggestions to the submitted research protocols.
- Issuing approval certificate after review, before forwarding to Institutional Ethics Committee.
- Suggesting and deciding source of grants for inter and intra-departmental research.
- Advocacy and research networking to acquire funding from national and international sources for research in the institute, the state and beyond.
- Conducting periodic training workshops for faculty/students for research methodology, operational and translational research, proposal writing, grant writing etc.